Traditional FEA vs. StressCheck’s Numerical Simulation Technology
Abstract: StressCheck is the only FEA tool inherently designed to simplify the task of separating errors related to modeling from errors related to numerical solution quality.
- Tedious mesh refinement vs. automatic convergence techniques.
- Ignoring vs. illuminating model input errors (e.g. sharp corners, ill-posed boundary conditions).
- Averaging vs. not averaging stress results across elements.
- Nodal-based vs. element based.
- Low-curvature vs. high-curvature elements.
Related ESRD Resources
Looking for Resources?
Recent News & Events
“As frequent StressCheck® users we rely on the capabilities and reliability of the program to complete our everyday jobs ensuring safe reliable flights of our aircraft. The layout of the program and documentation allow for a quick learning process and the support ESRD offers is second to none. They take the time to answer the most basic questions as well as working through complex problems to ensure the proper validation of results. The effort they make in satisfying their users needs increase the reliability, functionality, and capability of this great program.”
USAF EngineerHill Air Force Base