The Single Fastener Analysis Tool (SFAT) provides accurate computation of the joint stiffness, plate stresses, and fastener loads for single or double shear lap joints connected by a single fastener.
Single Fastener Analysis Tool
3D multi-body contact bolted joint analysis via a targeted Smart Engineering App.
Through a simple and intuitive interface, the user can provide engineering input data from which SFAT automatically builds, solves, and post-processes a fully 3D StressCheck® finite element mesh using its robust contact algorithm.
Key Features and Advantages
- Simulate 3D-contact with high quality results without having to build a FE mesh.
- Solution time is reduced from hours to minutes.
- Simplified user interface provides input of the appropriate fastener data in pre-defined templates with step by step validated feedback.
- Easy to Learn and Easy to Use. Built-in Results Viewer provides dynamic viewing of the FE mesh and stress fringe contours.
- Supports single and double shear joints with washers, bushings, shims, protruding head or countersink fasteners, metallic or laminate composite plates.
- Solutions obtained with StressCheck®, verified by p-extension.
- Modeling approach validated with experimental results
- Supports US and SI units.
Recent News & Events
Many organizations equate the credibility of simulation results with the experience and judgment of their senior analysts. Without diminishing the value of senior analysts, an evidence-based approach to simulation credibility will reduce both the technical risk of producing incorrect simulation results and management’s risk in the use of simulation results in a decision-making context.
Dr. William OberkampfNAFEMS Tutor and Engineering Consultant