With the Heat Transfer Solver, you can solve thermo-elastic problems with ease by switching between heat transfer and elasticity on the fly. In StressCheck®, a linear heat conduction analysis can progress to a nonlinear analysis—seamlessly.
Heat Transfer Solver
Seamless to us means no re-meshing, just changing the model with a click of a button.
The Heat Transfer Solver supports linear, steady-state heat conduction with prescribed temperature, flux and convective boundary conditions. Also supports radiation and temperature dependent materials. Temperature-dependent material properties can be specified as a formula or as tabular data. The computed temperature distribution can be used in a very convenient way for computing the load vector for thermo-elastic problems. Simply solve the heat transfer problem, switch reference/theory selector from Heat Transfer to Elasticity, apply constraints to the model and solve.
Key Features and Advantages
StressCheck®‘s unique hierarchic modeling framework makes it easy to pass from a linear heat transfer analysis (convection) to a nonlinear heat transfer analysis (radiation). Simply apply a radiation boundary condition and use the Non-Linear Solver.
- Applicable to planar, axisymmetric and three-dimensional problems
- Predict problems with linear, steady-state heat conduction with prescribed temperature, flux and convective boundary conditions.
- Radiation and temperature dependent material properties
- A thermo-elastic problem can be easily simulated by applying a Heat Transfer Analysis temperature distribution to the same mesh in elasticity as a thermal load.
- Simply select the Heat Transfer Analysis solution as a loading condition and StressCheck® will automatically apply the thermal distribution to the mesh
Recent News & Events
“As the United States Air Force continues to extend the service life of their aircraft the Aircraft Structural Integrity Program (ASIP) has had to refine the methods it uses to analyze and predict fatigue crack growth. Through the use StressCheck®, coupled with AFGROW, we in A-10 ASIP have been able to more accurately model, predict and analyze critical aircraft structure for the A-10 and other types of structure for non-A-10 system managers. This also allows us within the A-10 to more accurately assess risk for decision makers, streamline aircraft inductions into scheduled maintenance and reduce cost for total life cycle management.”
A-10 ASIP Manager