With the Heat Transfer Solver, you can solve thermo-elastic problems with ease by switching between heat transfer and elasticity on the fly. In StressCheck®, a linear heat conduction analysis can progress to a nonlinear analysis—seamlessly.
Heat Transfer Solver
Seamless to us means no re-meshing, just changing the model with a click of a button.
The Heat Transfer Solver supports linear, steady-state heat conduction with prescribed temperature, flux and convective boundary conditions. Also supports radiation and temperature dependent materials. Temperature-dependent material properties can be specified as a formula or as tabular data. The computed temperature distribution can be used in a very convenient way for computing the load vector for thermo-elastic problems. Simply solve the heat transfer problem, switch reference/theory selector from Heat Transfer to Elasticity, apply constraints to the model and solve.
Key Features and Advantages
StressCheck®‘s unique hierarchic modeling framework makes it easy to pass from a linear heat transfer analysis (convection) to a nonlinear heat transfer analysis (radiation). Simply apply a radiation boundary condition and use the Non-Linear Solver.
- Applicable to planar, axisymmetric and three-dimensional problems
- Predict problems with linear, steady-state heat conduction with prescribed temperature, flux and convective boundary conditions.
- Radiation and temperature dependent material properties
- A thermo-elastic problem can be easily simulated by applying a Heat Transfer Analysis temperature distribution to the same mesh in elasticity as a thermal load.
- Simply select the Heat Transfer Analysis solution as a loading condition and StressCheck® will automatically apply the thermal distribution to the mesh
Recent News & Events
S&A Governance can help make S&A more predictable, consistent, and productive. Without that consistency, S&A organizations usually lack common methods or shared practices. Consequences include poor re-use of S&A results with its many risks (product failures, increased costs and warranty claims, late to market due to engineering changes, etc.), costly duplication of work, and even the purchase of unneeded systems and solutions. S&A Governance is a strategic way for companies to establish a sustainable competitive advantage in innovation, product quality, and time to market.
Dr. Keith MeintjesExecutive Consultant, CIMdata