StressCheck®’s Linear Elasticity Solver allows you to test ideas before building expensive prototypes. This can be achieved by validating the model and verifying the result independently of each other through virtual experimentation.
Linear Elasticity Solver
Formulate the model.
Verify the model.
Validate the result.
The Linear Elasticity Solver is the initial building block of the seamless hierarchic modeling framework that constitutes the foundation of StressCheck®. Sequential linear elastic solutions are obtained automatically by increasing the polynomial level of the elements, and subsequent advanced analyses use linear solutions as a basis.
Key Features and Advantages
- Solutions can be obtained by p-extension and adaptive-p methods with convergence-based criteria
- Allows for easy verification of results without mesh refinement
- It is simple and easy to extend a linear elastic solution to higher p-levels
- Includes support for multi-body contact analysis, with no inherent limit on assembly size
- Solutions on the order of 50 million DOF or more can be computed
- Provides product development professionals with the most widely used and needed analysis capabilities for structural analysis
- Identify problem areas and test ideas virtually before building expensive prototypes and experimental fixtures
- Powerful and extensible – this is the prerequisite module to run advanced analysis types (e.g. nonlinear, margin check, cold-working, modal/buckling)
- Supports planar (plane stress, plane strain), extruded, axisymmetric, and 3D elasticity analysis
Recent News & Events
“Of the three FEA products we use, StressCheck® gives me the most confidence when it comes to performing post-processing quality checks on multi-body contact analysis results. StressCheck® has the capability to extract any data of interest and convergence information for that data at any location in the model domain; the other two FEA products do not. And when it comes to interference fit multi-body contact solutions, I haven’t found any software to outperform StressCheck®.”
In Service Support Center EngineerNavy Fleet Readiness Center-East