Efficient Shaping or Reshaping of Complex 3D Parts Using Engineered Residual Stress
Abstract: A model was developed for solving the inverse problem of distortion.
- Significant improvement in overall shape of the validation part was observed.
- Demonstrated good predictive performance for the inverse problem of reshaping.
- The extreme distortion in a partially-peened state was predictable.
- The difference between the predicted final shape and the actual final shape was less than the difference between the actual final shape and the target shape.
- Demonstrated good predictive performance for the forward problem of reshaping.
Originally presented at the Residual Stress Summit 2017 in Dayton, OH.
Looking for Resources?
Recent News & Events
“We used StressCheck® on two projects last year, and we were very happy with it. I thank your engineers who provided their insights and suggestions for us during these projects. We really appreciate your team’s contributions this year to the Navy P-8 project. We look forward to working with ESRD again during next year on other Navy projects.”
Dr. Nagaraja IyyerDirector of Engineering, Technical Data Analysis, Inc.