The Laminate Cutout Analysis Tool (LCAT) computes the strain distribution around a circular, elliptical, or racetrack cutout in a composite plate subjected to biaxial and shear loading. Additionally, LCAT determines the margin of safety for strain and the orthotropic strain concentration factor.
Laminate Cutout Analysis Tool
Practically any laminate cutout shape, orientation and size can be solved.
From the simple and intuitive interface, LCAT automatically builds, solves, and post-processes a planar StressCheck® finite element mesh and provides solution verification feedback.
Key Features and Advantages
- Solutions obtained with StressCheck®, verified by p-extension.
- Built-in Results Viewer provides dynamic viewing of the FE mesh, the strain fringe contours and the strain directions.
- Supports US and SI units.
- Modeling approach validated with experimental results.
- Automatic computation of the laminate properties using CLPT given the lamina material and stacking sequence.
- The strain distribution around a cutout in the laminate composite being prepared for a repair.
- Margin of Safety calculation for the unrepaired cutout before sizing the repair patch.
- A simple and intuitive user interface allows input engineering data in pre-defined templates with step by step validation feedback.
Recent News & Events
“Small errors in modeling can lead to substantial errors in joint performance prediction. To alleviate this problem, the CAI used the handbook functionality of ESRD Inc.’s (St. Louis, Mo.) trademarked StressCheck® P-version finite element software to develop reusable models of typical joints.”
Dr. John RussellComposites World Magazine