The Multi-Fastener Analysis Tool (MFAT) provides effortless modeling of single or double shear joints, including lap joints, splice joints, and doublers (with or without a repair cutout). MFAT supports metallic and composite plates, and allows for any number of fasteners with neat fit, interference fit or clearance fit.
Multi-Fastener Analysis Tool
Single and double shear joints with unlimited fastened connections.
MFAT accounts for both the radial stiffness of the fastener and the fastener fit, including the nonlinear interaction between the fastener shank and the fastener hole. MFAT also includes the effect of the shear/bending stiffness of each fastener, the value of which can be accurately computed with SFAT. The FE mesh is built ‘on the fly’ based on input provided by the user in a very intuitive interface. Fastener load transfer results obtained with MFAT are presented in tabular form and depicted graphically, and they compare well with experimental data published in the literature.
Key Features and Advantages
- Solutions are obtained with StressCheck®, with quality verified by p-extension.
- Modeling approach validated with experimental results.
- Built-in results viewer provides dynamic viewing of FE mesh and stress fringe contours.
- Supports US and SI units.
- Simulate influence of fastener fit in load transfer.
- Solution time is reduced from hours to minutes when compared with standard FEA.
- Simplified user interface provides input of fastener data in pre-defined templates with step by step validation feedback.
Recent News & Events
Virtual Product Development capability is becoming an asset in many companies. A company’s ability to do virtual validation depends on CAE resources and an ability to do repeatable, reliable and robust CAE at all phases of product development. It is essential that a Governance System be put in place to take advantage of the virtual capability.
Mr. Ravi DesaiDirector, CAE & CAD, American-Axle & Manufacturing